Award of Excellence
Award of Excellence
In September 2018 the Canadian Police Association will recognize members whose commitment to service, determination and courage place them at the highest level of our profession. Nominations for your peers deserving of this award are currently being accepted. Nominations must be submitted before June 30, 2018. Please fill out the online nomination form below or download this Nomination Form and mail it back to us.
Awards of Excellence Nomination Requirements
All nominations must meet the following provisions in order to be considered.
- Nominees must be members of the Canadian Police Association from any federal, provincial or municipal police service within Canada. Nominations may include police officers, special constables and civilian members.
- Nominators must be members of the Canadian Police Association and must provide his/her signature in the space designated below.
- Nominations must involve an event between 2016 and 2018.
- Nominations involving a long-term investigation can be submitted as long as the investigation concludes within the time frame set above. Only one nomination involving a long-term investigation may be chosen per year by the awards selection committee. Nominee(s) eligible for such nomination(s) is/are only the officer(s) in charge (OIC).
- Nominations for CPA civilian members may be submitted. One nomination involving civilian members may be chosen by the awards selection committee. CPA members eligible for this award are: Special Constables and civilian support staff.
- Nominations must include information concerning any pending legal proceedings arising from the incident. In such cases the nomination may be deferred until the legal proceedings are concluded.
Please write a short summary on why your nominee(s) should be considered for a 2018 CPA Awards of Excellence. This summary should be composed on a separate sheet of paper and should be no longer than 500 words. Be as specific as possible with references to events, circumstances, dates, etc. In addition, you must complete all of the areas below and attach this form to your summary along with a picture of your nominee(s).
We invite you to send additional information in support of your nominee(s).
Newspaper articles, police reports, video tapes and case numbers, if available, will help our Committee in their decision making process.
Recipients will receive
- An all expense paid trip for the recipient and one travel companion to the prestigious CPA Awards of Excellence Ceremony to be held in conjunction with the 2018 General Meeting.
- Crystal award and professional photograph from the Awards of Excellence Ceremony.
- National exposure through the publication of the Award Recipients’ profiles in the CPA Magazine (Police Vision) and on the CPA website.